Covid-19 and Children’s Health
Here is another resource that is full of incredible information concerning children’s mental and overall health, please check out the link posted below…
The following are some statistics from this paper, horrifying, but sadly not surprising given these challenging times.
Among children and adolescents across studies
• 22.6%-43% reported depression
• 18.9%-37% reported anxiety
• 31% reported anxiety and depression
• >50% reported moderate to severe impact on mental health
Save The Children conducted a survey of 1500 households
• 67% of parents reported being worried about their child’s emotional wellbeing
• Half of children reported feeling bored (52%) or worried (49%)
• 52% of children worried that they are not learning enough academically
• 74% of children report concerns about missing out on social activities.
“College student studies during COVID-19 found persistent negative effects on students behavioral and emotional functioning despite wellness focused strategies”.